Ahhhhh! So Olive finally is here! I can't even say how thrilling it is to have a tiny little person that is half me and half Jeremy (Although its fair to say she looks much more half of Jeremy than me!!) in the house. She was born on Jeremy's 30th birthday January 27th and weighed 7 lbs 13 ounces and was 21" Without going in too much detail about the birthday because it was quite traumatic for all three of us and the outcome defiantly out weighs all the bad scary details. We went in at 6am in the morning to have my water broke cause the little stinker was late. Everything seemed to be going good, I was having contractions and progressing on my own so no other interventions were needed which was so important to me, at around 5 I was ready to push. I pushed for a little over 2 and half exhausting hours. But unknown to the doctors and myself I have a super narrow pelvis, they explained that the first opening in my pelvis which is supposed to be the biggest opening is on me the smallest and would not fit Olives big ole head. Sadly this means I would never be able to give birth naturally. But in all my pushing I had wedged Olive in my pelvis and she was very stuck so I was rushed in for an emergency C section. Obliviously this was very devastating for us, but the important part was getting Olive out ok. I had a very bad reaction to the spinal block that they gave me and the details are somewhat fuzzy because I went unconscious, but long story short they were able to get Olive out and once they got her breathing she made a full recovery! I got to finally see her about 4 hours later. Luckily she has the best daddy in the world and he was able to go to the NICU and spend time with her while I was in recovery. So the birth was the exact opposite of what we had planned and there were some things that happened that will forever change the way that me and Jeremy look at each other and Olive, we were all very lucky and I'm grateful for that cause nothing could be better than this new little family!!
We were able to all come home on Sunday and have been slowly learning all about having a baby! She is so far (fingers crossed) a really good baby! She sleeps and nurses very well and loves the sound of her daddy's voice. She got a bath today and loved it. She's got a big month coming up, she gets to meet her Aunt Cassie and see Grandpa and Grandma Fey again, and then Grammy Giardini comes to visit at the end of the month. And I cannot wait to show her off to the rest of the fam this spring and summer, but until then I will make sure to keep you all posted with pictures and stories!!!!
You bought a tear to my eyes. You three are very lucky.
ReplyDeleteGrammy
WOW Jessie, you did a great job telling about the birth of Olive. It was quite a day for the three of you and all your family and friends waiting for the big announcement. I cry everytime I think of that day, and the first time I got to see Olive in NICU. She was so beautiful sleeping so peacefully. I will always remember that. Jeremy was such a trooper and what he did throughout the day and kept a level head, is something we will always admire. We are so proud of the three of you.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grandma