Sunday, April 24, 2011

Grass Grows all by Itself!!!!

Easter day has come and gone, while we don't celebrate the day in any Christian context, you can't help but to enjoy this time of year in a more Pagan sense. The resurrection, you could say, of the plants and good ole Goddess Eostre bringing about her charm of spring and fertility, hence the egg I suppose. But sadly Ollie is too little to be chasing eggs about so much of the day was just spent outside enjoying the sun. We have been somewhat uneventful at the Giardini home as of late. It's been such a long time sense I have done anything crafty so I took on a little project of revamping a screen divider, a treasure received from the late and loved Grandma Fey.




The before. When Jeremy saw me pick it up to bring back home he looked at me like "what in the heck are you gonna do with that thing" But somewhere along these last 9 years he has learned to just let it go...


So after sanding, a couple different shades of stain and I added some left over tile from a old project this is what I got. I'm not 100% finished I ran out of the glue for the tile.



I'm pretty happy with it and glad that something of Grandma's that was just going to be thrown out is now part of our home. I got the pleasure of redoing Jeremy's late Grandmothers lamp and it is one of my favorite things in the house. Jeremy also started on a small project, he is making a ceder outdoor bench...




Miss Olive has officially found her voice or growl I should say and spends almost all of her playtime chatting up a storm with whom ever will listen whether it's me, Daddy, the dogs, or Harrison the zebra on her mobile that she has become fast friends with. She is also inches away from mastering this whole rolling over situation. It is honestly one of the most amazing things to sit there and watch her figure herself out, which way to turn her foot, leg and arm, how to shift her body weight and then be equally confused when it all comes together and works and shes left on her belly thinking "what the heck do I do now?!?!" Its more entertaining/rewarding than any concert, movie, or night out. But it defiantly has not been all rainbows this past week. After returning from our weekend trip to the grandparents (Which was more fun then I thought possible) we decided to try and begin the process of breaking Olive of her swing. Somewhere along the line we took the quick and easy route of having her sleep and nap in her swing. AHHH the mistakes we make in life!! Little did we know just how hard this would be on all of us. So she hasn't been sleeping all that well, but we are toughing it out and getting better at the wise ways of getting a baby to sleep. Rule number one, teach her how to do it herself!! She had quite a meltdown Saturday for reasons unknown to us or anyone within a 3 mile radius. It was something to see!! Its crazy that such a tiny creature can cause such a big fuss! It really is amazing how much children change your life. Obviously they do in the most profound/wonderful ways, but I'm talking about how just the act of brushing your teeth, showering, going to the bathroom, dressing, eating, I could go on and on with all the little things you do everyday without even thinking about it. Once you add a baby into all that it is quite the juggling act. But don't get me wrong it's not a bad thing, most of the time I don't want to miss a smile or a opportunity to interact with her, but I am getting better at relishing in the times when shes sleeping and getting really good at doing all those little things in warp speed!! I hope that every one's weekend was joyful celebrating in any which way you pleased. I have to report for jury duty tomorrow and while its always something that Ive wanted to do, the timing is just not good, I mean would they even let me go pump every 2 hours?? So hopefully I will be dismissed tomorrow and not have to spend anytime away from Jeremy and Olive...






Until next time...Love from the Griadini shack!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment