Monday, June 6, 2011

Ah me oh my it has been such a long pause from my last little update. I find it a bit dangerous that throughout this last month I have found myself saying "I need to write an update or I should post something" so on and so on. Exactly who I am updating or posting for I know not, I say that it is for our extended family not living near by, but I find myself itching to punch that "publish post" button and feel accomplished. Either way it has been a long oh so long month. Many of you know that we moved. We gratefully sold our 1st home. We were kinda sad to see it go seeing how it was the 1st place we called home together, but alas it is gone and I guess the plan was never to stay there for good. So off into our new home we went with much room to spare, but I suppose if you are going to indulge what better thing to do it with then space!! I know that much of the family wanted to see pictures, but I don't have any really to share. there are boxes on top of boxes on top of crates left to unpack. Not to mention painting and redecorating to do, the former owner and I had a different view point when it came to wall paper. So hopefully sometime soon I will have those to share but for now all I have are these...




A little obviously the front of the house








That is the only room without boxes!!!
Wanted to make you jealous with all the work I have left to do!!!


We managed to get our little stair step garden moved and I actually got to pick some of what we planted, all but the asparagus (they take years to really come up, but ya gotta start somewhere right!!!)


One of my most fav-O-rite garden goodies! and they just might be the easiest things to grow!!!



Yummy Swiss chard that we are fixing up for dinner tomorrow night!!




And so far just one lonely tomato, hopefully more come in because nothing beasts a big ole garden tomato!!!






After we got home from Nebraska, which was a wonderful trip, one of my most favorites in a long time. It was filled with old friends, memories and reminders everywhere of a time in my life that I pray never escapes my mind. But yes when we got home we took overdo walk around the yard checking out the many trees we have in the back and to my squeals of delight we found that at least 3 of them are fruit bearing, not quite sure what types maybe crab apple, black or mulberries and maybe cherry (I picked them before they were ready) Either way I am very excited!!!







During my rest periods from unpacking I am still diligently working on my over sized blanket. Heavens knows why I choice to do such extra large projects. Oh this is your first time crocheting? Well than yes Jessie it would only make sense that you make a king size blanket, but none the less it is coming along as fast as my fingers can move!!




And to the surprise of many, myself included we are keeping up with the cloth diapers. I love them and cant even notice the little bit of extra work involved.




And the most important update of all, I saved the best for last. Miss Olive is growing up so fast it's scary and I am feeling a little unprepared!! I feel so lucky because she is such an easy and happy baby. She is still sleeping through the night, although the past couple days shes had some trouble falling asleep and I haven't been able to help but go and get her and bring her in to bed with me while Jeremy is at work. She loves to talk and I wish I knew what she thinks she is saying because the kid talks non stop!!I love it! She started doing this thing were she gets really excited when she sees Jeremy for the 1st time when hes been gone for a little while. It's the greatest thing ever to watch her little face light up when she spots him, needless to say she is quite the Daddy's girl!! She is a crazy little creature that loves to be scared. She's a little dare devil and I have a bad feeling I will be chasing her quite a bit when she's up and moving around on her own, but this all comes as no big surprise. So much changes with her on a daily basis its hard to keep up!!!



































Well that is all for now we have so much to keep us busy!!





1 comment:

  1. I love this update Jessie. Great job. I don't care how many times I see all the pictures....they still are all so precious of Olive.

    Love you all,

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete