I've had a fit of insomnia these last few days, which my lack of sleep has afforded me the gift of time!! Goodness if I can only train myself to need a couple hours of sleep a day...the things I could accomplish!! Sorry to the family (without social media) for abandoning you these last months. I seem to become so reliant on the devil we call Facebook. I am so accustomed to that kind of communication that at times I forget that talking and seeing and hearing people is the preferred method of human interaction. But the temptations of being a voyeur to so many so easily has a strong pull on us all. Time moves so incredibly fast these days its hard to keep up with one moment to the next. For those of you that remember I am going to be 30 in a mere matter of weeks. 30 I say! Now for the better part of this last year I have not put much thought into this idea of being 30, it didn't feel like something to get anxious about, but now that its just about here I really only find myself kind of astonished that I don't feel like I thought I would feel.I thought that somehow there would be this moment when everything changed and I just felt, just knew I was a grown up. But the days just ticked off the calendar and the change was so slight I guess I didn't even notice but I grew up, I got older, I won't be in my twenties anymore. And the greatest of all is Im not unique in this. I am quite sure that there are dozens if not hundreds of 29 year olds that will no longer 29 be on june 8th. Something to celebrate I suppose which celebrating my own birthday has never been something I felt extremely comfortable doing.
Nothing of great importance has happened. Jeremy is still working oh so very hard and still attempting to settle in to the night shift. After talking about whether he should take a different shift or keep on keeping on, he decided that right now he prefers the hardship because he gets to be at home during the day with Olive. If he worked a normal 9-5 he feels like he would only get to see her a couple hours before her bedtime. So he's going to tough it out and enjoy this small amount of time when Olive is little. Which is great because we get to be with her during the day together. To experience her growing into herself together. I love being able to watch her do something goofy or new and be able to look over and see Jeremy seeing it too. Which is something that doesn't get to happen to often. I continue you go into work a couple days a week, I think I work about 12 hours a week which is just enough. Thankfully my office lets me do this. I finally graduated which to be honest I felt a little silly seeing how I am much older than the normal graduating student, but none the less finished. After doing some research it turns out I am much closer to getting my RN than I had thought so I am going to take a little break and then finish up the few classes and study for the boards. After getting out of the military I really thought I would never reenter the medical world. But like time does to most things, it changed my mind. We got the garden built and growing and are very eager to start enjoying the food. We also planted a great number of fruit bushes and trees although we really won't get much from those till next year. The city finally changed the regulations and we were able to get our chickens. I was very disappointed last year when they told us no, but its all good now. I don't think either one of us knew just how much of the farmer soul we had in us until we got out of the army and had the space.
Olive is the most unique little thing I have ever been in contact with. She will be 16 months next week. She's got this personality that is hard to describe. She has always been such a serious baby. And now I can see that is only because she is watching everything that goes on around her. She picks up on things so quick that it frightens me that I am unintentionally teaching her bad habits. Don't get me wrong she smiles and giggles and laughs, but she is far to determined for her own good. She climbs on just about everything. And I know your thinking sure babies crawl on stuff, but Olive MUST be on the very top of everything. And amazingly she does it. She is so strong. I will watch her and think there is no way she can get on top of that chair and I will look away and when I look back she went from the chair to the top of the table, or the headrest of the couch, the fireplace, the window seal, the tree in the back yard, the garden fence, the stairs (but mind you there is a gate blocking the stairs this is the outside little lip of stairs that comes off from the rail) and there is absolutely no way to stop her. It first started with her toys. She would pull out her big toy cars and stand on those so I put those up, then it was her little play table so I put that up, then it was another toy and another one till all she had left were books to play with (which she still stands on top of) but now that all her toys are up she's moved on to the stuff that I can't hide from her. At this point the most I can do is be there to catch her if she falls, which I guess is a good lesson in parenting in general. Her vocabulary is growing all the time last we counted she was up to about 20 words, her favorites being daddy, juice, and help. But she is constantly asking "whats that" its the first thing she says to you in the morning. Pointing at something like she's been thinking about it all night and ask whats that. She's more fun than I know what to do with!!!
I would say I will continue to update, but that might very well be a lie! I shall try!! Love you all!!!


Great update Jessie.....I enjoyed it so much. Soon you will be 30....and that makes me really feel old now. But you have matured into such a beautiful, intelligent young woman and mother, and I can't say enough how very proud I am of you. You and Jeremy are having the time of your lives watching Olive grow and grow! I think she has inherited her braveness in climbing from you Jessie, but she does know that her Mommy or Daddy are right there to keep her from falling.....and that will happen throughout her life time. You both have made her the most amazing playroom downstairs and I know Jeremy takes much pride in all the work he did. Now you have the coolest Boxed garden I have ever seen. Your idea of designing a play area for Olive outdoors is all coming together now. This girl should never be bored inside or outside. I know I have said it before, but she is the luckiest little girl in the world to have such loving and caring parents. You both are the best, and I am so proud of you all. Don't worry about turning 30.....look at what all you have accomplished, from several State Cross country winner, to traveling the world (Paris, Germany, Bosnia, Austria, Amsterdam and of course, Iraq), a combat medic, being blown up in your ambulance from a roadside bomb, marriage to a wonderful man, a beautiful baby Olive, a beautiful home of your dreams, and now your college degree!!! How many 30 year olds can add this all to their resume? So you have so much to be proud of...and I am, so very proud of you.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mom
Thanks Jessie for the updates. We look forward to them all. Can't wait to see all of you in July. You guys have waited a long time to get were you are today, we are all so very proud of you and maybe a little envious too. Thanks for sharing your life with us, it helps but makes me sad we are so far away.
ReplyDeleteLove you all, MOM G.
Love the photos and update...about time! We love our chickens....the love will grow once they start putting our eggs! Ocoee by the way laughs and laughs at the chicks....she adores them.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janelle
Alaskanbambino.com